VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
About the Program
Social Work & Community-based Service at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System is an integral part of the healthcare team, and assists Veterans and their families with the stress of an illness, social, and financial hardship.
Support, education, and counseling are available:
- to veterans with drug, alcohol, medical/surgical, and emotional problems
- to help veterans and their families understand and adjust to an illness or disability
- to veterans and family members who want to prepare Advance Directives and Durable Powers of Attorney for healthcare
- to help veterans and their families cope with terminal illness
- to family members about legal issues such as commitment and guardianship
Social/Community-based Service also educates and assists Veterans and their families with obtaining available resources within the VA system and in the community.
This may include but not limited to:
- home health and skilled services
- community living
- homemaker and respite services
- discharge planning
- benefit and financial resources
- transition services for returning combat Veterans
- Caregiver support
- Resources for the visually-impaired
Please contact the Social Work & Community-based Service office at (734) 845-3417 for assistance or questions.
First floor, Room B157
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm