VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic
About the Facility
On September 19, 2012 the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System (VAAAHS) opened the new 66,000 square foot VA Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC), located at 1200 South Detroit Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43614. The new Toledo CBOC significantly expands and enhances the many services provided to Veterans. VA has had a clinic in Toledo since 1978 and the new clinic ensures that VA will continue to serve Veterans for many years to come. The Toledo CBOC formally serves 8 Ohio counties - Lucas, Ottawa, Fulton, Sandusky, Henry, Seneca, Wood, and Hancock. Veterans also come to the clinic from other counties in Ohio, as well as southeastern Michigan. In Fiscal Year 2013, the Toledo CBOC saw nearly 15,000 Veterans accounting for more than 100,000 visits.
For after hours assistance, please contact the Ann Arbor Medical Center at: (734)769-7100 or (800) 361-8387.
Laboratory Services: Please contact the clinic to arrange an appointment.
Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions are processed through the mail or online at the MyHealtheVet website.
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System's Toledo Community-based Outpatient Clinic operates by appointment only.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:30 am to 4 pm
- Tuesday: 7:30 am to 6pm
- Case Management
- Click 2 Benefits with VBA
- Education Programs
- Healthcare for Homeless Veterans (HCHV)
- Home-based Primary Care (HBPC)
- Mental Health (including Substance Abuse)
- New Patient Orientation
- Nuclear Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Primary Care
- Social Work
- Tele-health (CCHT)
- Vascular Studies
- Women's Health
When patients require hospital evaluation and/or admission per a visit to the clinic, stable patients are transported to VA Ann Arbor. Unstable patients are seen locally, at the University of Toledo Medical Center (UT), and may be tansferred to VA Ann Arbor once they are stablized.
The new clinic opened on September 19, 2012 and has many new and expanded features, including:
- Mental Health (Psychological testing, Intensive Care Management)
- Primary Care (2 exam rooms per provider)
- Mental Health
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) and the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) have partnered to streamline the process for service-connected disability claims with a program called Click 2 Benefits. The Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic was a pilot site for Click 2 Benefits, which allows Veterans to speak directly with VBA claims specialists through instant messaging.
- Affiliated with the University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences.
- The Toledo CBOC hosts residents and students for Internal Medicine, Pain Management and Rehabilitation, Dentistry, Psychiatry, as well as Pharmacy Student Interns. Nursing students also receive clinical training at the Toledo CBOC.
Accreditation & Awards
- Joint Commission Accredited
- Full accreditation through VAAAHS from the College of American Pathologists (Laboratory), American College of Radiation Oncology, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, Commission on Cancer, and Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Health Care for Homeless Veterans
The Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) program has been providing outreach services since 2006 and has served 4,776 Veterans. These Veterans are engaged through outreach efforts and placed in homeless programs or provided referrals to community based programs for assistance with homeless prevention. Veterans are connected with the program through multiple avenues including Street Level Outreach/Stand Downs, National Call Center for Homeless Veterans Consults, and community provider referrals. The VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System HCHV program is working with communities to develop supported permanent housing projects in Toledo, Ohio, and three cities in Michigan. Community partnerships in Ohio include:
- Recovery Services of Northwest Ohio
- The Giving Tree, Northwest Ohio
- Truth Ministries, Gypsum, Ohio
- WSOS Community Action, Freemont, Ohio
- Ottawa County Transitional Housing, Ohio
- Zepf Recovery Center, Toledo, Ohio
- Harbor Behavioral Health Vocational Services, Toledo, Ohio
- Toledo Community Foundation, Toledo, Ohio
- HUD Field Office, Ohio
- St. Paul’s Community Center, Toledo, Ohio
- National Church Residence, Columbus, Ohio
- Uptown Business Association, Toledo, Ohio
- Arlington By The Lake
The Department of Veterans Affairs is committed to end Veteran homelessness and making sure all Veterans have access to the resources and support they have earned. Everyone who works with Veterans has a role in ensuring their success.