VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
Current Operating Status
As of Wednesday, December 23, 2020 11:47 AM EST
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Pausing All Visitation
Veteran and employee safety continue to be our top concern during the COVID-19 pandemic. As the resurgence of COVID-19 cases in Michigan and across the nation is breaking records daily, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System is asking you to partner with us to help protect our Veterans and front-line caregivers from infection. The safety of everyone in our care is our number one priority.
We’ve joined other major healthcare systems in Michigan and paused all visitations to our hospital and to community-based outpatient clinics in Toledo, Flint and Jackson.
This policy does not affect appointments, procedures, or surgeries. Veteran-patients should continue to schedule care as always. Only non-patient guests are restricted from entering any VAAAHS facility.
Specific exceptions to visitation pause include:
- Essential Caregiver to outpatient clinic and procedure areas and the Emergency Department: Visitors who’s in-person presence is necessary for care of a Veteran patient will be approved. Examples include a family member escorting a Veteran home after a surgical or medical procedure involving sedation, or a caregiver required to assist with activities of daily living for a Veteran, or a legal guardian. These exceptions will be limited and applied only when truly needed for care to be completed. This plan includes visitors to Veterans receiving end-of-life care.
Requirements of excepted visitors to enter the facility
- 18 years of age greater.
- Anyone entering one of our facilities must wear a face covering over nose and mouth; you may wear your own, or you may be provided one. No deviation or accommodation in the masking policy will be made for essential caregivers.
- Anyone entering one of our facilities must be screened for COVID-19 (fever, influenza-like illness or symptoms, or known exposure).
- Safe physical distancing (6 feet or more) must be maintained within waiting areas.
Veterans - call VA Ann Arbor at 734-845-5290 press option 2 to relay a message to your Primary or Specialty Care team or to make change or cancel an appointment.
Sign up to receive updates on the VAAAHS main webpage under "CONNECT WITH VA ANN ARBOR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM".
IF YOU FEEL SICK
If you have symptoms such as cough, runny nose, and fever, and your symptoms are mild, we recommend that you stay at home. Remember that it is cold and flu season, so there are many possible causes of these symptoms. If your symptoms are more concerning, please call your primary health care provider (e.g., oncologist, cardiologist, etc.) before coming into a clinic, urgent care center or emergency room. Your primary care provider is your best resource for screening.
STAY AT HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK
- Get your flu shot
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and do hand hygiene.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with people who have symptoms of respiratory illness.
World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
Stay connected to VAAAHS to receive up-to date information by signing up on the main VAAAHS webpage or follow us on Facebook.
If you have any questions about your appointment, please contact your provider at 734-845-5290 press 2 before making changes or cancelling an appointment, or to relay a message to your Primary or Specialty Care team.
VAAAHS continues to prioritize the safety of our Veterans and staff as we all work together to safely see this crisis to its end.
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 734-769-7100 x55290 or 1-800-361-8387 x55290
- Change Your Appointment: 734-769-7100 or
1-800-361-8387, press 2
- Media Inquiries: Normal Business Hours
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 734-769-7100 or
- Pharmacy Refill: 734-769-7100, option 3 or 1-866-316-9350,
- Staff Locator: Not Available
- Telephone Care: 734-769-7100 x55290 or 1-800-361-8387 x55290