VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
About the Program
The VA Ann Arbor Health Care System (VAAAHS) has started a new program to increase access to specialty care for Veterans in rural and medically underserved areas. This program, called the Specialty Care Access Network-Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes (or, SCAN-ECHO), has taken video teleconferencing to the next level of excellence in serving our Veterans.
Unlike typical video teleconferencing, which visually and audibly links one patient with one primary care provider in another location, SCAN-ECHO uses dedicated video teleconferencing to simultaneously link several primary care providers, many of whom are in different rural communities within our service area, to a specialist at the VA Ann Arbor Medical Center.
The Goals of SCAN-ECHO are to:
- Leverage tele-health (clinical videoconferencing equipment) to allow specialists from tertiary medical. centers to support providers in less complex or rural areas.
- Decrease fee basis costs and veteran travel.
- Improve access to specialty care.
- Improve veteran and provider satisfaction.
- Increase provider knowledge, competencies, and professional training hours.
VAAAHS SCAN-ECHO Program
Ph: (734) 222-7594
Toll Free: (800) 361-8387 ext. 27594
Fax: (734) 222-7104
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- 734-222-7594 Ext. 27594
- 800-361-8387 Ext. 27594
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm