VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
Work Status for Employees
As of Friday, June 26, 2020 1:21 PM EDT
Director statement regarding reporting for duty:
Effective May 7, 2020, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System will be operating under the following layers of protection for all (Veterans, staff, trainees, volunteers, inpatient residents, and visitors) who come to VA Ann Arbor facilities. The layers of protection for all include:
- All individuals MUST wear appropriate face masks while on our campuses and in our off-site clinic locations; health care providers will wear appropriate issued personal protective equipment (PPE). Any Veteran who needs a mask while being at the Medical Center or any of our off-site clinics will be provided a mask.
- Entry point screenings are required for all the enter the Medical Center and off-site clinic locations
- Virtual visits are encouraged, please contact your Primary Care or Mental Health Provider.
- Cleaning of high-touch surfaces in our facilities
- Increased physical distancing in common areas like waiting rooms, Canteen and retail stores
- The Medical Center is not allowing visitors/general public into our facilities except for those directly assisting or caring for a Veteran to include any end of life care.
The VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Community Based Outpatient Clinics will be shifting operations to preserve resources and personal protective equipment. Effective Monday, March 23, 2020, our community clinics in Jackson and Flint, Toledo, OH, and the Green Road and Packard Road Clinics in Ann Arbor will be supplying triage and virtual care only. At these locations, routine appointments will be converted to virtual care, as appropriate. VA Ann Arbor Medical Center will be operating normally except with regard to current visitor restrictions as note on the Current Operating Status web page.
You can also get updates on Facebook www.facebook.com/VAAnnArbor.
If you would like to receive automated updates via email, sign up to receive updates on the VAAAHS main webpage under "CONNECT WITH VA ANN ARBOR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM".
During a VA-declared emergency:
VA Employees should return to this page for updates. For more information about this emergency, go to our main Emergency Information page.