VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does my account stay active?
Your account stays active if you do the following:
- Successfully login to a VA computer and CPRS every 90 days
- Keep your TMS training current, VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees expires every 365 days.
How can I reactivate my account if I did not log in within 90 days and less than 180 days from my last log in or from my account creation or reactivation?
Your account at this stage will be disusered (disabled) you will need to call VA Enterprise Service Help Desk 855-673-4357 or x53500 within VA.
What can I do to reactivate my account if my last log in was more than 180 days?
Your account at this stage is terminated and to reactivate do the following:
- Make sure all your training in the Training Monitoring System (TMS) is current.
- Email HPT Help Team the following:
- VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees certificate of completion
- Legal last, first, and middle name
- Date of Birth
- Rotation start date
- Wait for an email to notify you when your account reactivation request is completed and that is time to pick up your password sheet from IT.
How long does it take for my account to be reactivated?
When a request for an account reactivation is submitted, the request will be in rout for approval by 5 different VA services, which will take 3-14 business days.
Where do I park during my rotation at the Ann Arbor VA?
- Residents and Fellows are to utilize their University of Michigan parking
- Inpatient medicine rotation, surgery rotation or sub-I rotation for Medical Students: Parking is provided, students will need a memo from the Office of Education room A926B.
- Psychiatry rotation: Students will share a parking spot to be utilized only when on call.
- If you are a student affiliated with the University of Michigan, shuttles between the VA and the University are offered.
- Resident on call after-hours/weekend: Parking permits are available and must be picked up from the service/section. Place permit on your dashboard, permits must be returned to service when the rotation at the VA is completed. Permit is valid to be used on weekends and 2:30 PM-7:00AM on a weekday.
- All other trainees must utilize a local park and ride or city bus. Bus services www.theride.org
- Trainees are to never park in the east parking structure while on a rotation. You will be ticketed if you park in the east structure.
Where else can I be Fingerprinted?
You can be fingerprinted at any VA facility. Non-VA fingerprints such as State and Local cannot replace VA fingerprinting.
How early can I be fingerprinted?
The earliest you can be fingerprinted is 120 days before your start date. If you exceed 120 days between your fingerprint and your PIV/VA ID Badge registration … you will likely have to be fingerprinted again.
How late can I be fingerprinted?
The latest you can be fingerprinted is 4 weeks before your start date, this will allow officials enough time to process your application and create your VA account.