VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
Trainee Application Instructions
We encourage you to complete the on-boarding process 6 weeks prior to your start day but not more than 120 days prior to the start day.
Complete the TMS Training and email a copy of your certificate.
TMS 2.0 is a required part of the VA Credentialing and must be submitted as a part of your credentialing packet. Your TMS certificate is required for completing the computer access and registration request submitted by VA officials.
CLICK HERE to to self-enroll and complete assigned training.
If you have any question regarding TMS please contact Sara Peth TMS Domain Manager Sara.Peth@va.gov or at 734-845-5408.
If you have completed your TMS training at another VA facility your TMS account can be transferred. Complete the VA TMS Transfer Form and email it to HPT TMS Transfer.
As part of your orientation you are required to read the following training material, make sure you complete this reading requirement before submitting your application.
Complete CPRS Tab-By-Tab Training.
During your training at the VA you will be using Computer Patient Record System (CPRS), which is a fully integrated electronic medical record for clinicians, mangers, quality assurance staff, and researcher. CLICK HERE to start the training.
For fingerprinting at VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System:
- HR hours are 9:00AM – 3:00 PM Monday through Friday
- HR Phone number 734-222-8916. Appointments are not necessary.
- Arrive at 2215 Fuller Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48105 and park in the visitor’s parking.
- HR is located in Modular Building T-9. Take the liberty elevator to basement, make right of the elevator, go to the end of the hall, make a left and HR will be out the glass door trailer on the left. For a map CLICK HERE.
CLICK HERE to view other Frequently Asked Questions about the fingerprinting process.
Select the most applicable form from below, complete it and sign it with a time stamped digital signature. CLICK HERE to learn how to create a time stamped digital signature.
Things you need to know before you submit your application:
1. All fields must be completed electronically.
Securely submit the following:
|1. Completed and signed application fron the list above.|
|2. TMS VHA Mandatory Training for Trainee Certificate (Step 1)|
If you are unable to send an encrypted email from your email account, send an email to the Education Office. An encrypted email will be sent to you and you will be able to attach your documents to your reply message.
Wait for an email from the VA Office of Education before taking the next steps:
1. Return to HR to have your picture taken for your ID, you will need to
2. Pick up your computer password from IT, location information will be
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please email Jill Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire on the status of your application.
Two weeks before clinical experience ensure you have an ACTIVE Computer Password for the VA System. Your email, username and Password will only allow you to log in into a VA computer.
Step 9 (Residents and Medical Students)
Consider if you need VPN/Remote access through the VA.
To request a VA VPN:
- You must be at the VA to submit this request.
- You must have an active PIV.
- Follow instructions by CLICKING HERE.
- Accounts must be logged into every 30 days to remain active.