VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
VAAAHS Graduate Nurse Recruitment
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System (VAAAHS) is currently recruiting new graduate nurses for our Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency program. VAAAHS is committed to providing new graduates with the education and training that will translate to excellence and caring nurses for our Veterans and their families.
Over 12 months, beginning August 2018, our program will use a variety of educational strategies including; didactic teaching, simulation-based learning, precepted clinical experiences, one-on-one mentoring, group debriefings, monthly meetings, journal club, interprofessional observations, and completion of a scholarly evidence-based capstone project. The federally funded nurse residency program at VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. This is a time-limited paid training position with benefits for one year. To be eligible candidates must:
- Have graduated with a baccalaureate degree from a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Have successfully passed the NCLEX-RN exam and hold an active, unrestricted license by the start of the program, but have no RN experience.
- Be able to work full time on day shift with preceptors and mentors.
- Sign a statement of commitment.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a U.S. citizen and meet physical examination standards at the time of entry into the program.
For more information, please contact Melissa Ringlein, BSN, RN, CNOR, Program Coordinator, at 734-845-3512.