Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic
The Toledo CBOC was opened in 1978 and serves 8 Ohio counties - Lucas, Ottawa, Fulton, Sandusky, Henry, Seneca, Wood, and Hancock. The clinic also serves patients that live in Erie and Lenawee counties in Michigan. The clinic provided over 80,000 outpatient visits in FY 2011. Staffing includes 88 full-time and 8 part-time employees.
- Primary Care
- Women’s Health
- Healthcare for Homeless Veterans (HCHV)
- Mental Health (incl. Substance Abuse)
- Home-based Primary Care (HBPC)
- Case Management
- Liver Clinic
- New Patient Orientation
- Nuclear Medicine
- Vascular studies
- OEF/OIF Outreach
- Physical Therapy
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Social Work
- Tele-health (CCHT)
- Click2Benefits with VBA
- Education programs
When patients require hospital evaluation and/or admission per a visit to the clinic, stable patients are transported to VA Ann Arbor. Unstable patients are seen locally, at the University of Toledo Medical Center (UT), and may be transferred to VA Ann Arbor once they are stabilized.
- In coordination with UT Faculty, residents are now in clinic for Internal Medicine, PM&R, Dental, and Psychiatry, as well as Pharmacy student interns. Additionally, UT Nursing students receive clinical training.
The new clinic opened on September 19, 2012 and has many new and expanded features:
- Medical specialties (Gastroenterology, Pain Clinic, Pulmonary, Infectious Diseases, Geriatrics, Palliative Care, Nephrology, Hematology/Oncology, Rheumatology, Endocrinology/Diabetes)
- Cardiac stress testing (Note this may be added prior to move to new site)
- Pulmonary function
- Mental Health (Psychological testing, Intensive Case Management)
- Primary Care (2 exam rooms per provider)
- Mental Health
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System's Toledo Community-based Outpatient Clinic operates by appointment only.
- For after-hour assistance please contact the Ann Arbor Medical Center at (734) 769-7100
- Laboratory Services: Please contact the clinic to arrange an appointment.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions are processed through the mail or My HealtheVet.
- Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.