Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Operation Homefront: Back-To-School Brigade
- This August, dozens of families of active duty and military Veterans received much needed school supplies as a result of a partnership between the Ann Arbor VA and Operation Homefront’s Back-To-School Brigade.
- VITAL Success for Student Veterans
- New Telemental Health services including state-of-the-art treatment options for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder are being made available for student Veterans attending Bowling Green State University.
- "Faces of Heroes" Virtual Wall
- Veterans at VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System can now share photos of their military service using the “Faces of Heroes” Virtual Wall, an online collection designed to honor America’s Veterans.
- Michigan Football Visit
- Members of the University of Michigan football team visited Veterans at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on July 2, 2014. The student athletes spent time listening to stories, and thanking Veterans for their service.
- Veteran Court Graduation
- Nine Veterans graduated from the Washtenaw County Veterans Treatment Court on Wednesday, June 18, after a year-long program. VAAAHS has a social worker embedded with the court team to facilitate case management needs.
- Commons at Garden Lake Groundbreaking
- On Friday, June 13, we participated in a ground breaking ceremony with several community partners on what will be a 75 unit supportive housing community for homeless and at-risk Veterans.
- Cancer Survivor Celebration
- On Saturday, June 7, 2014, the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System honored Veteran cancer survivors with a special Celebration of Life luncheon featuring a Barbershop Chorus and classic car show.
- Blue Star Memorial Dedication
- On Friday, May 23, 2014, the VA Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic dedicated a Blue Star Memorial plaque which was donated for display by the Anthony Wayne Garden Club of Toledo.
- Medal of Honor Dedication
- On May 23, 2014 we dedicated a Congressional Medal of Honor received by Ohio Civil War Veteran Wilson W. Brown from President Lincoln for his participation in Andrew's Raid at the VA Toledo CBOC .
- 4th Annual VA2K Walk, Run & Roll
- On May 21, 2014, VA employees, Veterans and community members came together in support of homeless Veterans as part of the fourth annual nationwide VA2K: Walk Run & Roll event.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- VA Leads the Nation in Breast Cancer Screening
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. VA wants to help Veterans learn more about breast cancer with the helpful tools listed in this story including a Breast Cancer Risk Calculator.
- High Heels a Snap With New Prosthetic Foot
- Veterans and others who have lost a lower limb and need prosthetic feet have been limited in the footwear they can choose. A VA researcher in Minneapolis and his colleagues aim to change that.
- The Blue Button is Literally a Life Saver
- Read how one married couple — both Veterans — use VA’s online Personal Health Record, My HealtheVet, all the time and encourage Veterans to sign up and take advantage of its many great features.
- Reining in PTSD with Equestrian Therapy
- Veterans participating in the residential treatment program at the Bedford VA, in Massachusetts, are being given a chance to spend a day riding horses, or just walking through a quiet pasture.
- Be Disaster Aware and Take Action to Prepare
- Tornados? Floods? Hurricanes? Are you prepared if one of those hit your home? Take advantage of these check lists during National Preparedness Month. Get your family ready for all emergencies.
- National Golf Tournament for Blind Veterans
- Annual tournament an opportunity for legally blind and physically disabled Veterans to develop new skills and enhance their self-esteem. Therapeutic format promotes rehabilitation and fellowship.
- Support For Vets During Suicide Prevention Month
- Help spread the word about VA's mental health resources. We all have the power to take the first step to reach out and see how they're doing.
- Quick-Thinking VA Radiology Team Saves a Veteran's Life
- Four members of a VA radiology team at the VA Southern Oregon Rehab Center, White City, Ore., teamed up in early August to provide needed help to an elderly Veteran living alone in a remote rural area.
- Two Forms of ID Now Needed to Request VHIC Card
- VA has strengthened the ID requirements to request the new Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC). Enrolled Veterans now will need two forms of ID. See the acceptable ID documents in this story.
- Seeking New Coping Tools for Veterans with TBI
- Cognitive rehabilitation researchers are testing new tools and strategies — from smartphone apps to online brain training — to help Veterans cope with the effects of mild traumatic brain injury.