Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- New State-of-the-Art TAVR Procedure a Success
- VAAAHS discharges its first patient to receive the new, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), a state-of-the-art minimally invasive cardiac surgical procedure, only 48 hours after the surgery was complete.
- Gene Therapy Pioneer Receives Award
- Gene therapy pioneer and longtime Veterans Affairs researcher Dr. David Fink received the 2014 Paul B. Magnuson Award from VA in a ceremony at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on Dec. 15, 2014.
- VAAAHS to Offer Life-Saving TAVR Heart Procedure
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System cut the ribbon to the newly constructed Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) Hybrid Surgical Suite on December 8, 2014. VAAAHS will be only the sixth VA to offer this procedure.
- Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act
- On August 7, 2014, President Obama signed into law the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014 (“Choice Act”). The new Choice Program will cover non-VA care for eligible Veterans beginning in November.
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Prepares for Ebola
- The VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System takes necessary precautions to protect patients and staff at the Ann Arbor VA and its outpatient clinics in Flint, Jackson and Toledo against the potential threat of the Ebola virus.
- VAAAHS named "Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality"
- Ann Arbor VA named as one of 426 healthcare facilities nationwide to be named "Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality" by the 2014 Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index national survey.
- Operation Homefront: Back-To-School Brigade
- This August, dozens of families of active duty and military Veterans received much needed school supplies as a result of a partnership between the Ann Arbor VA and Operation Homefront’s Back-To-School Brigade.
- VITAL Success for Student Veterans
- New Telemental Health services including state-of-the-art treatment options for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder are being made available for student Veterans attending Bowling Green State University.
- "Faces of Heroes" Virtual Wall
- Veterans at VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System can now share photos of their military service using the “Faces of Heroes” Virtual Wall, an online collection designed to honor America’s Veterans.
- Michigan Football Visit
- Members of the University of Michigan football team visited Veterans at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on July 2, 2014. The student athletes spent time listening to stories, and thanking Veterans for their service.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didn't like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.
- VA Nurse Goes the Extra Mile in Veteran Care
- While treating a Veteran patient, Nurse Chuck Maulden noticed the Veteran's feet were in really bad shape with huge blisters probably due to worn out shoes. They both wore the same size shoe. So...
- Is This the Year You Will Volunteer on MLK Day?
- For Volunteers who work every day to help our Veterans, the MLK holiday is one more opportunity to repay the men and women who have sacrificed so much for America. Find out how you can join in.
- Dying Veteran Gets Married at Buffalo VA
- An Army Veteran with not long to live decided it was time to marry his girlfriend of 17 years. The staff at the Buffalo VA, where heís receiving cancer treatments, helped him turn his wish into reality.
- Joint Effort Helps Homeless Vets in 25 Cities
- During one of the coldest weeks of winter, itís difficult to imagine what it must be like to have no heat, no home, and no help. VA is working hard to get help to Americaís Veterans who are experiencing homelessness.
- Helping Beneficiaries Stricken with Spina Bifida
- About 1,300 people are enrolled in the Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program where VA is looking at better ways to help people stricken with the disorder get the care they need.
- Glaucoma: Silent Cause of Vision Loss
- One-and-a-half million Veterans have a vision threatening eye disease, including 285,000 with glaucoma, which usually starts without any symptoms. Get tested now — it's quick and painless.
- 2015 New Year's Resolution: End Binge Eating
- VA Researchers are taking a close look at an issue threatening the health of many Veterans: binge eating. If you recognize this in yourself, follow the MOVE link at the end of the story. VA is here to help
- Top 10 Stories from VA Health Care in 2014
- Each year, we post more than 100 stories about health topics on the VA Health Care and VA Medical Center home pages. Here are the Top 10 stories from 2014, based on our reader’s visits.
- To Face Unafraid, the Plans that We've Made
- Food, fun and gifts: At VA medical centers across the country, hundreds of volunteers, community organizations and VA staff come together to help America’s Veterans celebrate the holiday season.