Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Gene Therapy Pioneer Receives Award
- Gene therapy pioneer and longtime Veterans Affairs researcher Dr. David Fink received the 2014 Paul B. Magnuson Award from VA in a ceremony at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on Dec. 15, 2014.
- Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act
- On August 7, 2014, President Obama signed into law the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014 (“Choice Act”). The new Choice Program will cover non-VA care for eligible Veterans beginning in November.
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Prepares for Ebola
- The VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System takes necessary precautions to protect patients and staff at the Ann Arbor VA and its outpatient clinics in Flint, Jackson and Toledo against the potential threat of the Ebola virus.
- VAAAHS named "Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality"
- Ann Arbor VA named as one of 426 healthcare facilities nationwide to be named "Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality" by the 2014 Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index national survey.
- Operation Homefront: Back-To-School Brigade
- This August, dozens of families of active duty and military Veterans received much needed school supplies as a result of a partnership between the Ann Arbor VA and Operation Homefront’s Back-To-School Brigade.
- VITAL Success for Student Veterans
- New Telemental Health services including state-of-the-art treatment options for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder are being made available for student Veterans attending Bowling Green State University.
- "Faces of Heroes" Virtual Wall
- Veterans at VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System can now share photos of their military service using the “Faces of Heroes” Virtual Wall, an online collection designed to honor America’s Veterans.
- Michigan Football Visit
- Members of the University of Michigan football team visited Veterans at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on July 2, 2014. The student athletes spent time listening to stories, and thanking Veterans for their service.
- Veteran Court Graduation
- Nine Veterans graduated from the Washtenaw County Veterans Treatment Court on Wednesday, June 18, after a year-long program. VAAAHS has a social worker embedded with the court team to facilitate case management needs.
- Commons at Garden Lake Groundbreaking
- On Friday, June 13, we participated in a ground breaking ceremony with several community partners on what will be a 75 unit supportive housing community for homeless and at-risk Veterans.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Veteran Survived the Battle of the Bulge
- Seventy years ago this month, stubbornly brave American soldiers fought the Battle of the Bulge. Arthur Berkowitz, 91, was one of them. He recalls the battle and a bullet that later shattered his knee.
- Objective: Help improve health care for Veterans
- Over 300,000 Veterans have joined the Million Veteran Program, a partnership between VA and Veterans to establish a database of information which may lead to preventing and treating illnesses in Veterans.
- Seven Ways to Manage Stress during the Holidays
- Holidays should be about family, friends and fun. But what about all those demands and deadlines? Here are some tips to help Veterans and their families manage all that stress, now and all year long.
- USS Arizona Survivor Recalls Pearl Harbor Attack
- Lonnie Cook, 94, is one of nine USS Arizona survivors still living. His plans for a day of liberty in Honolulu came to a halt just before 8:00 on Sunday morning, December 7, 1941.
- At Wyoming VA, No Veteran Dies Alone
- Since 2012, volunteers at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center in Wyoming have been spending hours sitting at the bedside of dying Veterans, keeping them company as they near their final journey.
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.
- Thousands Sign Up for Dental Insurance
- Over 60,000 Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have signed up for a dental insurance plan for Veterans with no dental coverage and those eligible for VA dental care who want more coverage.