Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Veterans Town Hall - Creating A New Forum
- The Veterans Town Hall - creating a new forum to gather Veterans feedback and recommendations for VA programs and services; because your voice matters, we want to hear from you.
- VAAAHS Jackson Town Hall
- The VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System (VAAAHS) and Jackson VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) to host first Jackson Veteran town hall for Veterans, family members, and other interested community partners.
- National Salute to Veteran Patients Week
- VA medical facilities across America honor the men, women and their families who have given so much to protect and preserve our way of life, our freedoms, and all we hold dear as Americans.
- New State-of-the-Art TAVR Procedure a Success
- VAAAHS discharges its first patient to receive the new, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), a state-of-the-art minimally invasive cardiac surgical procedure, only 48 hours after the surgery was complete.
- Gene Therapy Pioneer Receives Award
- Gene therapy pioneer and longtime Veterans Affairs researcher Dr. David Fink received the 2014 Paul B. Magnuson Award from VA in a ceremony at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on Dec. 15, 2014.
- VAAAHS to Offer Life-Saving TAVR Heart Procedure
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System cut the ribbon to the newly constructed Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) Hybrid Surgical Suite on December 8, 2014. VAAAHS will be only the sixth VA to offer this procedure.
- Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act
- On August 7, 2014, President Obama signed into law the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014 (“Choice Act”). The new Choice Program will cover non-VA care for eligible Veterans beginning in November.
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Prepares for Ebola
- The VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System takes necessary precautions to protect patients and staff at the Ann Arbor VA and its outpatient clinics in Flint, Jackson and Toledo against the potential threat of the Ebola virus.
- VAAAHS named "Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality"
- Ann Arbor VA named as one of 426 healthcare facilities nationwide to be named "Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality" by the 2014 Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index national survey.
- Operation Homefront: Back-To-School Brigade
- This August, dozens of families of active duty and military Veterans received much needed school supplies as a result of a partnership between the Ann Arbor VA and Operation Homefront’s Back-To-School Brigade.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Do You Know How Much Salt is in that Soup?
- With K-rations, you ate what you got. Today, Veterans can make smart decisions about the food they put in their body. Here’s a quick and easy summary of how to read those Nutrition Facts Labels.
- World War II Vet Says Volunteering Keeps Him Alive
- Ninety-two-year-old Orville Swett, a retired optician, has been volunteering at the VA eye clinic in Daytona Beach for 25 years. His job? Adjusting glasses for Veterans who visit the clinic.
- Dedicated Volunteers Serve Veterans for Decades
- Volunteering: the ultimate exercise in democracy. We may vote in elections once a year, but when we volunteer, we vote every day for the kind of community we want to live in.
- How Occupational Therapy Works for You
- VA's occupational therapists help Veterans participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities and occupations. Read on to learn how they do it.
- National Public Health Week - Five Days to Health
- Veterans, how many times do you exercise per week? Immunizations up to date? When was the last time you got tested for HIV? Here's VA's “Five Days to Health” challenge to help build a healthier you.
- Goal: Satisfying Sexual Relationship
- Many Veterans struggle with sexuality in their relationships. Two VA psychologists assert that a satisfying sexual relationship strengthens the whole family and it needs to be addressed.
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!