Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Michigan Football Visit
- Members of the University of Michigan football team visited Veterans at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on July 2, 2014. The student athletes spent time listening to stories, and thanking Veterans for their service.
- Veteran Court Graduation
- Nine Veterans graduated from the Washtenaw County Veterans Treatment Court on Wednesday, June 18, after a year-long program. VAAAHS has a social worker embedded with the court team to facilitate case management needs.
- Commons at Garden Lake Groundbreaking
- On Friday, June 13, we participated in a ground breaking ceremony with several community partners on what will be a 75 unit supportive housing community for homeless and at-risk Veterans.
- Cancer Survivor Celebration
- On Saturday, June 7, 2014, the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System honored Veteran cancer survivors with a special Celebration of Life luncheon featuring a Barbershop Chorus and classic car show.
- Blue Star Memorial Dedication
- On Friday, May 23, 2014, the VA Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic dedicated a Blue Star Memorial plaque which was donated for display by the Anthony Wayne Garden Club of Toledo.
- Medal of Honor Dedication
- On May 23, 2014 we dedicated a Congressional Medal of Honor received by Ohio Civil War Veteran Wilson W. Brown from President Lincoln for his participation in Andrew's Raid at the VA Toledo CBOC .
- 4th Annual VA2K Walk, Run & Roll
- On May 21, 2014, VA employees, Veterans and community members came together in support of homeless Veterans as part of the fourth annual nationwide VA2K: Walk Run & Roll event.
- Spring Memorial Service
- Twice a year, the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System honors Veterans who have passed away in the past six months. The Spring Memorial Service provides the chance to honor the service of these brave men and women.
- Best Doctors in America 2014
- 120 physicians affiliated with VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System appear on the Best Doctors in America® List for 2014. Only five percent of doctors in America earn this prestigious honor, decided by impartial peer review.
- Smarter Colorectal Screening Could Improve Health
- Screening for colorectal cancer based on age alone may contribute to both underuse and overuse of the tests among older patients, according to a study by investigators at the UM and the VA CCMR.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.
- Summer Reminder: Sunglasses Protect Your Eyes
- Veterans should be cautious and protect their eyes from the sun. Good quality sunglasses are recommended when outdoors, even if it’s for a few minutes at a time.
- 10 of the Stories Most Read by Vets on VA Web Site
- The web site for the Veterans Health Administration is a helpful gateway to numerous resources for Veterans and their families. Here are just a few of the most popular features posted this past year.
- VA Health Care System Named Most Wired - Again!
- For the second year in a row, VA has been named to the 2014 “Most Wired” hospitals list, a national survey ranking hospitals leveraging health information technology in new and innovative ways.
- Nurse Navigator Simplifies the Maze for Patients
- Hospitals can be a maze. That’s why Joan Stewart and Debera Charlton are amazing. The Nurse Navigator steer patients through the treatment systems at Montana’s VA Medical Center.
- VA Hosts July 4th Ceremonies for Veterans
- Hundreds of VA employees and volunteers at VA Medical Centers across the country spend their July 4th holiday hosting special events for the men and women we serve — America’s Veterans.
- Senior Veterans Going for the Gold - One More Time
- Hundreds of Veterans are heading to the Ozark Mountains for the Golden Age Games, designed to improve the quality of life for older Veterans with a wide range of abilities and disabilities.
- I Cannot Be This Person
- Finding it hard to be home alone or feel comfortable in public places, Laura Hendrixon is determined to get better for her family and her career.
- Connecting Veterans with Telehealth
- The relationship between patients and the health care system will dramatically change with telehealth. High levels of patient satisfaction and positive outcomes say this is the right direction.