Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- "Faces of Heroes" Virtual Wall
- Veterans at VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System can now share photos of their military service using the “Faces of Heroes” Virtual Wall, an online collection designed to honor America’s Veterans.
- Michigan Football Visit
- Members of the University of Michigan football team visited Veterans at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on July 2, 2014. The student athletes spent time listening to stories, and thanking Veterans for their service.
- Veteran Court Graduation
- Nine Veterans graduated from the Washtenaw County Veterans Treatment Court on Wednesday, June 18, after a year-long program. VAAAHS has a social worker embedded with the court team to facilitate case management needs.
- Commons at Garden Lake Groundbreaking
- On Friday, June 13, we participated in a ground breaking ceremony with several community partners on what will be a 75 unit supportive housing community for homeless and at-risk Veterans.
- Cancer Survivor Celebration
- On Saturday, June 7, 2014, the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System honored Veteran cancer survivors with a special Celebration of Life luncheon featuring a Barbershop Chorus and classic car show.
- Blue Star Memorial Dedication
- On Friday, May 23, 2014, the VA Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic dedicated a Blue Star Memorial plaque which was donated for display by the Anthony Wayne Garden Club of Toledo.
- Medal of Honor Dedication
- On May 23, 2014 we dedicated a Congressional Medal of Honor received by Ohio Civil War Veteran Wilson W. Brown from President Lincoln for his participation in Andrew's Raid at the VA Toledo CBOC .
- 4th Annual VA2K Walk, Run & Roll
- On May 21, 2014, VA employees, Veterans and community members came together in support of homeless Veterans as part of the fourth annual nationwide VA2K: Walk Run & Roll event.
- Spring Memorial Service
- Twice a year, the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System honors Veterans who have passed away in the past six months. The Spring Memorial Service provides the chance to honor the service of these brave men and women.
- Best Doctors in America 2014
- 120 physicians affiliated with VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System appear on the Best Doctors in America® List for 2014. Only five percent of doctors in America earn this prestigious honor, decided by impartial peer review.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.
- Helping Women Veterans Find the Help They Need
- VA’s Women Veterans Call Center has received over 11,000 incoming calls and made nearly 130,000 outbound calls, successfully reaching 76,000 women Veterans. The number is 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games Come to Philadelphia
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are designed to improve the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and to foster better health through sports competition.
- The Purple Heart: One Veteran's Long Journey
- Thousands of American Veterans have received the Purple Heart. We mark the anniversary of the creation of the award by George Washington with the story of John Reist, wounded three times in Vietnam.
- Veterans: Keep Your Immunizations Up to Date
- Protect you and your family by keeping your vaccinations current. Here are some helpful links to websites on immunization information.
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.