Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- New State-of-the-Art TAVR Procedure a Success
- VAAAHS discharges its first patient to receive the new, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), a state-of-the-art minimally invasive cardiac surgical procedure, only 48 hours after the surgery was complete.
- Gene Therapy Pioneer Receives Award
- Gene therapy pioneer and longtime Veterans Affairs researcher Dr. David Fink received the 2014 Paul B. Magnuson Award from VA in a ceremony at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on Dec. 15, 2014.
- VAAAHS to Offer Life-Saving TAVR Heart Procedure
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System cut the ribbon to the newly constructed Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) Hybrid Surgical Suite on December 8, 2014. VAAAHS will be only the sixth VA to offer this procedure.
- Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act
- On August 7, 2014, President Obama signed into law the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014 (“Choice Act”). The new Choice Program will cover non-VA care for eligible Veterans beginning in November.
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Prepares for Ebola
- The VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System takes necessary precautions to protect patients and staff at the Ann Arbor VA and its outpatient clinics in Flint, Jackson and Toledo against the potential threat of the Ebola virus.
- VAAAHS named "Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality"
- Ann Arbor VA named as one of 426 healthcare facilities nationwide to be named "Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality" by the 2014 Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index national survey.
- Operation Homefront: Back-To-School Brigade
- This August, dozens of families of active duty and military Veterans received much needed school supplies as a result of a partnership between the Ann Arbor VA and Operation Homefront’s Back-To-School Brigade.
- VITAL Success for Student Veterans
- New Telemental Health services including state-of-the-art treatment options for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder are being made available for student Veterans attending Bowling Green State University.
- "Faces of Heroes" Virtual Wall
- Veterans at VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System can now share photos of their military service using the “Faces of Heroes” Virtual Wall, an online collection designed to honor America’s Veterans.
- Michigan Football Visit
- Members of the University of Michigan football team visited Veterans at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on July 2, 2014. The student athletes spent time listening to stories, and thanking Veterans for their service.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.
- VA's Veterans Crisis Line Saves Lives Every Day
- We've answered more than a million-and-a-half calls from Veterans in crisis. And helped with 45,000 rescues. The Veterans Crisis Line helps prevent suicides by providing immediate crisis intervention.
- List of Presidents who were Veterans
- Do you know how many of our Presidents served in the military? As we celebrate President's Day, here is a list of Presidents who are Veterans. From George Washington to George Bush.
- American Sniper Highlights Veterans' Readjustments
- The recent box-office hit American Sniper sheds light on how difficult the transition to civilian life can be. VA has in-person, online and telephone-based services that can help.
- A Day of Caring and Sharing with America's Veteran
- At VA medical centers across the country, thousands of Americans will express their Valentine's wishes of love and gratitude to Veteran patients during VA's annual National Salute to Veteran Patients.
- She Knew Something was Wrong with Her Heart
- VA is joining the American Heart Association to fight heart disease in women Veterans. Here's the story of one woman Veteran who received life-saving treatment at a VA Medical Center.
- Veterans: Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Did they pick February to be Heart Month because of Valentine's Day and all those heart shapes? Whatever. It's a great time to remind Veterans of the everyday things you can do to stay heart healthy.
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didn't like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.