Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Prepares for Ebola
- The VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System takes necessary precautions to protect patients and staff at the Ann Arbor VA and its outpatient clinics in Flint, Jackson and Toledo against the potential threat of the Ebola virus.
- VAAAHS named "Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality"
- Ann Arbor VA named as one of 426 healthcare facilities nationwide to be named "Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality" by the 2014 Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index national survey.
- Operation Homefront: Back-To-School Brigade
- This August, dozens of families of active duty and military Veterans received much needed school supplies as a result of a partnership between the Ann Arbor VA and Operation Homefront’s Back-To-School Brigade.
- VITAL Success for Student Veterans
- New Telemental Health services including state-of-the-art treatment options for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder are being made available for student Veterans attending Bowling Green State University.
- "Faces of Heroes" Virtual Wall
- Veterans at VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System can now share photos of their military service using the “Faces of Heroes” Virtual Wall, an online collection designed to honor America’s Veterans.
- Michigan Football Visit
- Members of the University of Michigan football team visited Veterans at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on July 2, 2014. The student athletes spent time listening to stories, and thanking Veterans for their service.
- Veteran Court Graduation
- Nine Veterans graduated from the Washtenaw County Veterans Treatment Court on Wednesday, June 18, after a year-long program. VAAAHS has a social worker embedded with the court team to facilitate case management needs.
- Commons at Garden Lake Groundbreaking
- On Friday, June 13, we participated in a ground breaking ceremony with several community partners on what will be a 75 unit supportive housing community for homeless and at-risk Veterans.
- Cancer Survivor Celebration
- On Saturday, June 7, 2014, the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System honored Veteran cancer survivors with a special Celebration of Life luncheon featuring a Barbershop Chorus and classic car show.
- Blue Star Memorial Dedication
- On Friday, May 23, 2014, the VA Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic dedicated a Blue Star Memorial plaque which was donated for display by the Anthony Wayne Garden Club of Toledo.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Flu Shots: More Access, Seamless Documentation
- VA partners with Walgreens to expand real-time sharing of medical information of vaccines provided by Walgreens to enrolled Veterans. VA is covering the cost of about 75,000 flu shots.
- Free Rides for Vets Living in Highly Rural Areas
- VA has just made it possible for more of America’s Veterans living in highly rural areas to get free transportation to a VA medical center or other facilities that provide VA care.
- With a Little Help, a Veteran's Life Transformed
- One minute, Army Veteran Robbie Myers was living in a tent. The next, he was winning a nationally-televised cooking competition. His amazing journey began when he walked into a VA Medical Center.
- Dondi gets Flu Shot Along with 96-year-old Creator
- 96-year-old Veteran Irwin Hasen is the cartoonist who created the famous character Dondi, a war orphan. He recently sketched his famous creation reminding Veterans and VA staff to get their flu shot.
- Go Green for Mental Illness Awareness Week
- In observance of Mental Illness Awareness Week, VA facilities will be sponsoring events designed to educate Veterans, their families and staff on mental health recovery concepts and practices.
- Slimming Down Helps with Diabetes & Pre-diabetes
- Weight loss in overweight adults with diabetes can improve blood sugar levels, decrease the need for some medications, reduce blood pressure, improve heart function, and improve cholesterol levels.
- Male Breast Cancer: A Rare Disease, on the Rise
- Male breast cancer is rare, accounting for less than one percent of cancers in men and less than one percent of all breast cancer. VA researchers are helping to understand the phenomenon.
- VA Leads the Nation in Breast Cancer Screening
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. VA wants to help Veterans learn more about breast cancer with the helpful tools listed in this story including a Breast Cancer Risk Calculator.
- High Heels a Snap With New Prosthetic Foot
- Veterans and others who have lost a lower limb and need prosthetic feet have been limited in the footwear they can choose. A VA researcher in Minneapolis and his colleagues aim to change that.
- The Blue Button is Literally a Life Saver
- Read how one married couple — both Veterans — use VA’s online Personal Health Record, My HealtheVet, all the time and encourage Veterans to sign up and take advantage of its many great features.